I get a weekly email digest from "MovieWeb," which I normally delete as soon as it shows up in my inbox on my phone. But today's email came through while I was on a break at work, so I opened it up to see what new and interesting stories about upcoming movies it might hold.
At the top of this week's lists of articles was a rundown of 35 "Must See" Summer Movies for 2016; listed in chronological order. I have already seen the trailers for several that were in the list; but a few new ones, that I was previously unaware of, really caught my eye.
For my lunch and 2nd break periods, I took some time to check out several additional trailers, and look some of these up on either their listed website, or their Youtube trailer page.
The following are my list of movies that I think I will really enjoy, and have at the top of my "Wanna See It list."(Bolded items are ones I think might be a "Must See" entertainment ticket)
Release Date / TITLE / (Who to see it with)
- 06 MAY 2016: 'Captain America:Civil War' (Brothers)
- 20 MAY 2016: 'The Angry Birds Movie' (Family)- I've seen the trailer for this one in the theaters a couple of times, and it looks like it will be a hilarious movie to see with the kids.
- 03 JUN 2016: 'TMNT: Out of the Shadows'(Jack)
- 10 JUN 2016: 'Warcraft' (Jack... or Brothers) - having played the original PC video games, read half a dozen books about this fantasy realm, and after seeing the trailer, I really want to see this movie. I may be the only one. It looks like it will either be a big hit, or a big flop.
- 17 JUN 2016: 'Central Intelligence' (Karen - Date Night Movie)- This movie looks like it will be a comedy/action riot. It also has Dwayne 'The rock' Johnson in it, which will be major eye candy for karen; so I'm thinking this will be a really cool Date Night movie.
- 17 JUN 2016: 'Finding Dory' (FAMILY)- I already know for a fact that the kids will want to see this one. this is a must see at the theater movie ticket item for a Mullen family Fun Day.
- 24 JUN 2016: 'Independence Day:Resurgence'(Karen, Jack, Family?)
- 01 JUL 2016: 'Legend of Tarzan' (Karen?) - I'm not 100% sure on this one, but the trailer looks really good. If karen wants to see it, we'll go. If not, we'll catch it on DVD.
- 01 JUL 2016: 'The BFG' (Family)
- 08 JUL 2016: 'The Secret Life of Pets' (Family)- This is another must see at the theater for Mullen family Fun Day. the trailer looks awesome, the movie looks hilarious, and I think we will enjoy it on the same scale as we did Hotel Transelvania 2 and GooseBumps.
- 22 JUL 2016: 'Star trek Beyond' (Jack, Brothers, Karen?)
- 29 JUL 2016: 'Bad Moms' (Karen - Date Night Movie)- The trailer for this movie just dropped on May 2nd, and I caught it by accident on YouTube. This is a definite must see at the theater for a date night with Karen. It looks like it will be hilarious. It's about a mom rebelling against the school's PTC, which Karen will get a chuckle about. And, even though it seems like it may be targeted towards a female audience, it it has MAJOR eye candy in it for me: Mila Kunis and Christina Applegate.
- 12 AUG 2016: 'Pete's Dragon'(Family)
- 16 SEP 2016: 'Bridget Jones's Baby'(Karen - Date Night Movie?) - I haven't yet decided if this will be a definite/date Night item or not. The trailer leaves a bit to be desired. But Karen and I both loved Bridget Jones' Diary (it was a movie we watched together when we were first dating), and I'm hoping this one will be just as good.